Can you replace missing teeth?
The simple answer – of course you can! Good dental health makes life easier in many ways. A full set of healthy teeth helps you to chew, eat and speak without pain or complications. It also contributes to your overall health and makes it easier to smile. Missing or badly worn teeth can contribute to ongoing gum disease and further oral health issues.
What is the importance of replacing missing teeth?
Losing a tooth affects your smile’s appearance and, maybe even more so, your general health, depending on the location of the tooth. Many people do not understand the health complications that can arise from ignoring even one missing tooth. If you lose a tooth in the back of your mouth and it’s not very noticeable when you smile, you may think it doesn’t really matter if you have it replaced or not. The truth of the matter is that underneath the surface, your oral health quickly begins to suffer. This includes:
- Deteriorating jawbone and density
- Neighbouring teeth becoming misaligned
- Stability and structure of your arches becoming compromised
- Common jaw and neck pain, and headaches
- Loss of multiple teeth leading to issues with speaking and eating
What is the best way to replace missing teeth?
The following are a few options your dentist may suggest, depending on your individual circumstance. Your Birdseye Dental dentist will assess your situation and work with you to discuss the most suitable option for you.
- Dental implants including All-on-4.
- Dentures – acrylic partial dentures, cobalt chrome dentures, complete dentures, flexible dentures, immediate dentures and implant retained over dentures.
Discover more about your options for replacing missing teeth in our next blog – ‘Your best options for replacing missing teeth’.